Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Monday, May 18, 2026
Hot
Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail, seizes his passport
EFCC Arraigns Bank MD Over 19m, $30,000 Fraud
Seyi Makinde Declares For President in PDP/APM Alliance
BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Energy DG, Mustapha Abdullahi over...
Court Sentence Former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman...
FG to Borrow Fresh $1.25 Billion Loan From...
Senate, Reps Approve N1.75tn NDDC Budget for 2026
Gunmen Kill 13 in Plateau Fresh Attacks
Jabi Lake takeover stands even if God comes...
Fuel Scarcity Looms As Dangote Refinery Hikes Fuel...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail, seizes his passport
EFCC Arraigns Bank MD Over 19m, $30,000 Fraud
Seyi Makinde Declares For President in PDP/APM Alliance
BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Energy DG, Mustapha Abdullahi over...
Court Sentence Former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman...
FG to Borrow Fresh $1.25 Billion Loan From...
Senate, Reps Approve N1.75tn NDDC Budget for 2026
Gunmen Kill 13 in Plateau Fresh Attacks
Jabi Lake takeover stands even if God comes...
Fuel Scarcity Looms As Dangote Refinery Hikes Fuel...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > Uju Kennedy
Tag:

Uju Kennedy

Entertainment

Former Tinubu’s minister joins Nollywood

by Folarin Kehinde February 6, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

Uju Kennedy-Ohaneye, former minister of women’s affairs and social development, has made an official comeback to Nollywood.

Leading reporters earlier reported that President Tinubu had in October, 2024 sacked Kennedy-Ohanenye alongside four other ministers from his cabinet.

Following her exit from office, the 51-year-old politician who previously featured in Nollywood movies such as ‘Saving My Marriage’, ‘Hunting the Angel’, ‘Royal Ploy’, and ‘The Cow Girls’ has now ventured into acting, releasing her latest project.

Taking to the microblogging platform, X formerly Twitter on Wednesday, the politician, announced the release of her latest movie, titled ‘Hatred’.

February 6, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

FG ban underaged girls from lodging in hotels

by Folarin Kehinde June 8, 2024
written by Folarin Kehinde

Minister of Women Affairs, Honourable Uju Ohaneye, has said the Federal Government would no longer allow underaged girls to be lodged in hotels across the country.

She said this was part of the precautionary measures to halt human trafficking especially Nigerian girls.

She made the disclosure at the weekend while speaking on the occasion of Graduation and Grant Presentation of financial assistance to youth who participated in the Technical, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Education, organised by the Office of the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Technical Education, Abiola Arogundade.

The Minister of Women Affairs remarks was on the heels of a trending video of Nigerian girls who were trafficked to Ghana for prostitution.The teenage girls were aged between 15-16 years.

Aside from a ban on lodging of underaged girls, Honourable Ohaneye also said her Ministry was determined to stop premature deaths of Nigerians as hospitals would no longer be allowed to reject emergency patients.

She said:”Women have been suffering in this country. Today, we have talked about allowing the poor to breathe in this country.

“Meanwhile I am sure you saw the video circulating about our girls taken to Ghana. Did you see it? Very good. Action will start on Monday. You will hear about our action first thing on Monday morning. That is the first I am going to approach and see what we can do about it.

“Nigeria must be better. From 20th (June), we have directed hotels to put a sign outside from the Ministry of Women. No lodging of underage girls. (Otherwise) what happened in Niger State will be an understatement to what will happen in the FCT and I mean it. No more lodging of underage girls and no more bullying in schools.

“And our hospitals will also put a sign of ‘No more rejection of emergency patients.’ These are some of the major issues we have in this country.”

June 8, 2024 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail, seizes his passport

    May 18, 2026
  • EFCC Arraigns Bank MD Over 19m, $30,000 Fraud

    May 15, 2026
  • Seyi Makinde Declares For President in PDP/APM Alliance

    May 14, 2026
  • BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Energy DG, Mustapha Abdullahi over N500bn Fraud

    May 13, 2026
  • Court Sentence Former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman to 75 Years Imprisonment for Embezzling N33.8 Billion

    May 13, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact