Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Hot
Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses...
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses...
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > SGF
Tag:

SGF

Headlines

JUST IN: Nigeria’s future brighter than its past – SGF boasts

by Folarin Kehinde September 29, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume, has declared that Nigeria’s future is brighter than its past as the country marks its 65th independence anniversary.

Speaking at a press conference in Abuja on Monday, Akume described Independence Day as more than a ceremonial date, calling it “a profound opportunity for us to reflect on how far we have come as a people, celebrate our resilience, and renew our commitment to the ideals of unity, peace, and progress.”

He said Nigeria’s journey since 1960 had been marked by both triumphs and trials, but the “Nigerian spirit has remained unbroken.”

“This year’s celebration is anchored on the theme: ‘Nigeria at 65: All Hands on Deck for a Greater Nation.’ It reminds us that building a greater Nigeria is not the task of government alone but a responsibility for every citizen,” he said.

Akume praised the “visionary leadership” of President Bola Tinubu, noting that the Renewed Hope Agenda had become the guiding framework for national transformation.

He said his office plays a central role in ensuring the agenda translates into “a lived reality for Nigerians” by coordinating policies and strengthening inter-ministerial synergy.

“We are all aware of the economic reforms initiated by this administration. They are bold, sometimes difficult, but necessary steps aimed at stabilising our economy, restoring investor confidence, and laying a foundation for long-term growth,” he said.

 

September 29, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

They have cloned my voice”, SGF cries out

by Folarin Kehinde August 7, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Senator George Akume has raised the alarm over the activities of some criminal syndicates who he said have cloned his voice in attempts to swindle high profile individuals with promises of federal government appointments.

“From information available to the office, the fraudsters cloned the voice of the SGF, using it to solicit money in return for federal appointments”, Akume said in a statement by his Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Yomi Odunuga

The SGF who distanced himself from the scammers, said they have also “cloned the phone numbers of high profile individuals to solicit funds from unsuspecting members of the public”.

While he warned the public to be wary of such schemes, Akume also alerted that the modus operandi of the scammers was to tell victims that they have been pencilled down for Federal Government appointments while demanding payment of money to facilitate such fake appointments.

“The warning becomes necessary as the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation has been inundated with enquiries relating to the activities of these fraudulent individuals and groups”, he said.

Odunuga said the fraudsters also attach bank account details to messages sent to the would -be victims for funds deposit ranging from N5m to N15m in addition to asking them to send their curriculum vitae to cloned emails.

“Senator Akume emphasized that the appointment processes for Nigerians into boards and parastatals are transparent and verifiable, urging individuals not to pay any money in expectation of securing a position.

“Some of the account details of the scammers made available to the office are domiciled in but not limited to both new generation banks and the popular fintech mobile money operating companies in the country.

“While the relevant security agencies have been briefed on the matter, the Office of the SGF strongly advises Nigerians to report the activities of these fraudulent people to the authorities while taking all precautionary steps necessary to avoid being victims of the scammers”, the statement added.

 

August 7, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

Scrabbling for Late General Attahiru’s replacement begins

by Leading Reporters May 24, 2021
written by Leading Reporters

– Nigeria is currently in a state of mourning over the death of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Ibrahim Attahiru

– President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to pick a replacement for the late military chief

– Nigerians are hoping that a competent officer will be chosen to step in Attahiru’s position

An emerging report claims President Muhammadu Buhari is already making plans to replace the late Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Ibrahim Attahiru, as soon as possible.

A source who does not want to be named told Daily Trust that the Nigerian president is considering a senior officer from the southeast to correct the alleged imbalance in the composition of his security team.

But the source noted that agitation and attacks on security agents and formations in the southeast may hinder the chances of the COAS emerging from the zone.

However, a senior officer at Defence Headquarters told the newspaper that nation is still mourning late Attahiru.

He said it was too early to be talking about COAS replacement at this time.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has declared Monday, May 24, a work-free day for members of the Nigerian Armed Forces in honour of Lt. Gen. Attahiru, and 10 others who died in an air crash on Friday, May 21.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, said this in a statement on Sunday, May 23, Daily Trust reported.

We gathers that the Nigerian leader also ordered the national flag to be flown at half-mast in all public buildings, facilities, and official residences from Monday, May 24 to Wednesday, May 26th.

In another news, the former COAS Lt Gen Rtd Tukur Buratai has said Nigeria would have eventually become a better place if the late Chief of Army, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, had lived long to fulfill his plans for the country.

According to Buratai, the late Attahiru was on the verge of making Nigeria proud before his death, Channels TV reported.

He stated that the late COAS was determined to succeed in the various military operations across the country, Guardian added.

LeadingReporters and Legit.ng.

May 24, 2021 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses Under El-Rufai Administration

    February 17, 2026
  • BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s Phone

    February 16, 2026
  • APC Senator Seeks 16-Year Single Tenure for Nigeria’s President

    February 16, 2026
  • Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As Dust Pollution From AMAC Road Project Chokes Residents

    February 16, 2026
  • BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections

    February 13, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact