Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Hot
Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses...
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses...
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > Sen. Dino Melaye
Tag:

Sen. Dino Melaye

Headlines

I regret supporting APC – Dino Melaye

by Folarin Kehinde August 2, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

Former Kogi senator, Dino Melaye, has expressed regret for previously backing the All Progressives Congress, describing his past support as a mistake.

He also expressed confidence in the African Democratic Congress to present a strong contender capable of unseating President Bola Tinubu in 2027.

Speaking on Politics Today, a Channels Television programme aired on Friday, Melaye acknowledged his past alignment with the ruling party but said he had since turned a new leaf.

“Once I was blind, now I can see. I regret in totality.

“Just like you confess your sins daily in the Lord’s prayer, I ask for forgiveness.

“Anyone who has moved with the devil, anyone who has aligned with an unholy tendency, should regret it,” the former lawmaker said.

Melaye slammed the APC administration for worsening socio-economic conditions, saying hunger and poverty have reached dangerous levels across Nigeria.

“You don’t need a prophet to tell you what is happening in this country. It is visible even to the blind and audible to the deaf.

“The hunger in the land is shattered. People are dying of malnutrition in rural communities.

“Take a trip today to your village and just announce that you want to share two bags of rice.

“If you are not careful, there will be dead casualties from the struggle to get something,” he said.

Turning to 2027 politics, Melaye said the ADC was focused on building a stable party platform that would produce a credible presidential candidate to defeat Tinubu.

“Especially those of us in the ADC, we need to create a comfortable, stable platform.

“I believe that platform will produce a candidate that will unseat President Ahmed Bola Tinubu in 2027,” he said.

When asked if he would support former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Melaye declined to endorse any aspirant, saying his focus was on strengthening the party first.

“I will not be talking about a presidential candidate or preference for anybody until we get the party completely stabilised and organise a transparently honest convention,” he said.

Although Atiku has not officially declared interest in the 2027 race, Melaye praised his ongoing political efforts.

“What Atiku is doing is rescuing this country, bringing together men of honour and valour to correct and palliate the satanic manifestation of the APC,” Melaye added.

 

August 2, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

Flash Back: Politicians, Celebrities Keeps mum over Fuel Hike

by Leading Reporters March 14, 2021
written by Leading Reporters

Notable Politicians, Celebrities and Labour Union has kept silent over the increase of fuel by the government from N147 to N212 per litre.

The Country under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari is currently groaning under heavy taxes and levies, insecurity, increase in prices of food stuff and a host of others now grapples with another hardship of fuel increase as long queues at filling stations and increase in transportation fare are seen all over the country.

NLC Protest over Fuel Hike in2012

Following this drama, increase in prices of foods stuffs rose to over 100% due to agitation and ultimatum given by the southwest governors to Fulani herdsmen to vacate their state or face the consequences, in retaliation they (Fulani/Herdsmen) too ban the exportation of major food commodities to the southwest and other parts of the country who are in dire need for food.

Citizens Protest Fuel Hike 2012

While Nigerians still battle with this series of quagmire, they were shocked to the bone when on March, 12, 2021, the price of fuel increased from N147 to N212 per litre.

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, (PPPRA) after few hours of the price increase bowed to pressure by deleting an earlier published template announcing that the new price of petrol has reached N212.6 per litre.

Photos Of Politicians, Celebrities Insulting Jonathan Over Fuel Price In 2012

The Federal having seen the reactions of Nigerians like a toothless dog but at the mercy of only the media gave a wishy-washy apology for the increase.

According to the minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva, he said neither he nor President Muhammadu Buhari was informed, and regrets “distress and inconvenience, the unfortunate information might have caused.”

Photos Of Politicians, Celebrities Insulting Jonathan Over Fuel Price In 2012

It would be recalled that in 2012, notable and respected Nigerians, Politicians, Institutions, Celebrities and even religious leaders lambasted former President, Goodluck Jonathan after he increased fuel price from N65 to N87. At the time, the dollar rate was still manageable and the prices of foodstuff and many other items in the market were still affordable.

Photos Of Politicians, Celebrities Insulting Jonathan Over Fuel Price In 2012

The situation now seems callously unbearable as those that took the streets to protest in 2012 and are supposed to lend their voices to this maladministration of a government suddenly kept silent on the fuel increase.

As it seems, average Nigerians are finding life difficult at the moment. They are beginning to regret the choice they made in 2015 and 2019. Although this is the case, they are however handicapped.

By Kenny Folarin

March 14, 2021 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • Kaduna Terror Victims Demand Accountability for Rights Abuses Under El-Rufai Administration

    February 17, 2026
  • BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s Phone

    February 16, 2026
  • APC Senator Seeks 16-Year Single Tenure for Nigeria’s President

    February 16, 2026
  • Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As Dust Pollution From AMAC Road Project Chokes Residents

    February 16, 2026
  • BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections

    February 13, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact