Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Monday, February 16, 2026
Hot
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > Bayelsa
Tag:

Bayelsa

Headlines

BREAKING: Bayelsa Deputy Governor, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo is Dead

by Folarin Kehinde December 11, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

The Former Senator slumped in his office around midday and was immediately rushed to the Federal Medical Centre in Yenagoa, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

Eyewitnesses and officials at the Bayelsa Government House said the deputy governor collapsed unexpectedly while attending to official duties. Efforts to revive him at the hospital were unsuccessful.

Senator Ewhrudjakpo, aged 60, had served as Deputy Governor since February 2020 and previously represented Bayelsa West in the Nigerian Senate.

Details surrounding the circumstances of his death are still emerging, and the Bayelsa State Government is expected to release an official statement soon.

December 11, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

BREAKING: Bayelsa Deputy Governor Collapses in Office

by Folarin Kehinde December 11, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

There was panic in Yenagoa on Thursday after the Bayelsa Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, suddenly slumped in his office and was taken to the Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Yenagoa, for urgent medical attention.

The incident happened in the early afternoon while he was attending to official matters.

Staff members around him were said to have raised immediate alarm as he went down, forcing a rapid medical response from security aides and government officials who were present within the complex.

Hospital sources confirmed that he was quickly moved into the emergency section on arrival.

Medical personnel were seen working swiftly to stabilize him before transferring him to the Intensive Care Unit for closer monitoring.

His condition was described as stable, though doctors are keeping a close watch.

At the moment, there is still no official clarification on what triggered the sudden collapse.

However, some insiders hinted that the episode may be linked to a possible cardiac-related issue.

A senior government source familiar with his schedule remarked that, “He’s a workaholic; he should find time to rest,” stressing that the deputy governor rarely slows down from state duties.

Security around the Federal Medical Centre tightened immediately after his arrival. Officers restricted movement in and out of the facility as top Bayelsa government figures trooped in to check on him.

Attempts to reach his media aide, Mr. Doubara Atasi, for comments were not successful as of press time.

Attempts to reach his media aide, Mr. Doubara Atasi, for comments were not successful as of press time.

Medical staff who spoke quietly with our reporter assured that the deputy governor is receiving adequate care and that doctors are confident of his recovery.

December 11, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Bayelsa
Headlines

Bayelsa: Gunmen attack Rhythm FM During Live Transmission

by Nelson Ugwuagbo May 19, 2025
written by Nelson Ugwuagbo

Suspected armed robbers have attacked a private radio station, Rhythm 94.7 FM, in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, carting away valuables including mobile phones, recording devices, and other operational equipment belonging to staff on duty.

The incident reportedly occurred around 4:40 p.m. on Saturday at the station’s premises in Swali community. Sources said the attackers returned to the facility the following day. No casualties were reported, but staff members were said to be left traumatised by the invasion.

The Bayelsa State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has condemned the attack, describing it as a violation of press freedom and an assault on the media community in the state.

In a statement jointly signed by the NUJ State Chairman, Comrade Tonye Yemoleigha, and Secretary, Comrade Stanley Imgbi, the union called on security agencies, particularly the Commissioner of Police, to launch an investigation and bring the perpetrators to justice.

The union further appealed for enhanced security around the radio station, urging the deployment of a patrol team to the area due to its isolated location.

They noted that other strategic locations in Yenagoa already benefit from such security measures and that extending similar protection to the media house would help prevent further attacks.

May 19, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

BREAKING: Court Stops Pro-Wike rally in Bayelsa

by Folarin Kehinde April 4, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

A High Court in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has stopped a planned rally by supporters of Nyesom Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The court order, issued on Thursday, says the rally cannot go ahead until a full hearing takes place.

The rally was planned for April 12, 2025, in Yenagoa, the state capital.

Tensions have been rising between Governor Douye Diri of Bayelsa and Wike, heightened after news broke about the planned event by Wike’s supporters.

Governor Diri had last week raised concerns about the state’s safety and warned that the rally could disturb the peace. He urged security forces, community leaders, and young people to stay alert and help keep the state calm.

April 4, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s Phone

    February 16, 2026
  • APC Senator Seeks 16-Year Single Tenure for Nigeria’s President

    February 16, 2026
  • Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As Dust Pollution From AMAC Road Project Chokes Residents

    February 16, 2026
  • BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections

    February 13, 2026
  • Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in March – Perm Sec

    February 12, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact