Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Hot
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s...
Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As...
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > Aso Rock
Tag:

Aso Rock

Headlines

Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in March – Perm Sec

by Folarin Kehinde February 12, 2026
written by Folarin Kehinde

The Aso Rock Presidential Villa is expected to fully disconnect from the national electricity grid by March 2026 following the completion of its solar power project, the State House Permanent Secretary, Temitope Fashedemi, has disclosed.

Fashedemi made the revelation on Wednesday while defending the State House 2026 budget before the Senate Committee on Special Duties at the National Assembly complex in Abuja.

This is according to details of the proceedings transmitted to State House correspondents by the Presidency on Wednesday evening.

He told the committee, chaired by Senator Kaka Lawan (Borno Central), that the solar installation was completed towards the end of 2025 and had been undergoing testing since December.

“We are hopeful that maybe by March we’ll be able to do a full cutover,” Fashedemi said, adding that the transition would deliver significant cost savings for the government.

The Permanent Secretary cited the State House Medical Centre as proof of the project’s viability.

The facility, he argued, completed its own solar installation in May 2025 and has since operated entirely without generator power.

He stated, “I have to say that since that time, the generator in that State House Medical Centre has not been put on for one minute since May last year.

“Only a couple of months, we used three per cent from AEDC (Abuja Electricity Distribution Company), so the rest has been strictly from the solar and from the battery electric storage system.”

The Federal Government budgeted N10bn for the “Solarisation of the Villa with Solar Mini Grid” project in 2025.

The move that sparked widespread criticism from Nigerians who argued that the decision to install solar panels at Aso Rock amounted to an admission that the Tinubu administration could not fix Nigeria’s epileptic power supply.

The 2026 Appropriation Bill contains an additional N7bn allocation for the project.

However, the Director-General of the Energy Commission of Nigeria, Mustapha Abdullahi, defended the project in April 2025, describing it as unsustainable for the Villa to continue paying an estimated N47bn annual electricity bill.

Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, had also cited the White House’s use of solar energy as justification for the initiative.

February 12, 2026 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Politics

2027:Tinubu, Delta gov meets behind closed doors in Aso Rock

by Folarin Kehinde May 6, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

President Bola Tinubu is meeting the Delta State Governor, Sheriff Oborevwori, at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.

The governor arrived the premises at about 03:45 pm Tuesday, alone, our correspondent observed.

Tuesday’s meeting is the Governor’s first encounter with the President since he defected to the governing party, the All Progressives Congress.

On April 23, 2025, Oborevwori became the first incumbent governor of Delta State to abandon the Peoples Democratic Party since 1999.

His predecessor, Ifeanyi Okowa, Deputy Governor, Monday Onyeme, commissioners, local government chairmen, and the grassroots machinery moved en bloc to the APC after a closed-door meeting in Asaba.

Okowa was the PDP’s vice presidential candidate in the 2023 election.

Delta’s wave of defection follows similar realignments in Rivers and Cross River, trimming the PDP’s governorship map to ten states and shaking a region once regarded as a fortress for the opposition.

Feelers from the APC identified Governors Umo Eno of Akwa Ibom, Peter Mbah of Enugu, Aba Yusuf of Kano and suspended Governor, Siminalayi Fubara of Rivers, as four new converts expected to join the party in the coming weeks.

The PDP, Labour Party, and the New Nigeria Peoples Party are currently grappling with internal crises compounded by defections to the APC, which has left their parties in disarray.

May 6, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

Aso Rock Solar Installation: We can’t afford #47bn bill yearly – FG

by Folarin Kehinde April 25, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

The Federal Government has explained its decision to install solar panels at the Aso Rock Villa, the seat of power in the country.

The Federal Government has explained its decision to install solar panels at the Aso Rock Villa, the seat of power in the country.

Mustapha, who gave the explanation while briefing the press on Friday, said the move is in line with the President’s agenda to diversify energy sources and also cut the cost of governance.

He added that it will bring uninterrupted and clean energy, create jobs, foster innovation among Nigerian engineers and energy experts, and ultimately reduce pressure on the national grid.

He also revealed that some innovations of the current administration have attracted interest from development partners who have earmarked about $5.3 billion of investment in Nigeria’s power sector especially grid expansion measures.

April 25, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

Aso Rock to spend N1.99 billion on diesel in 2025 despite plans for solar project

by Folarin Kehinde February 24, 2025
written by Folarin Kehinde

The Federal Government has allocated N1.99 billion for diesel to power generators at the State House in 2025, despite ongoing plans for a 40MW solar power project aimed at reducing energy costs.

The move comes as delays push the expected completion of the solar project beyond its initial December 2024 – January 2025 timeline.

Investigations reveal that in the first half of 2024 alone, the FG spent N88.75 million on diesel for the State House Clinic, Vice President’s Guest House, and other facilities. Payments tracked between March and May 2024 showed multiple disbursements to fuel suppliers.

Senior officials blame the situation on national grid failures, rising diesel prices, and generator maintenance costs, forcing the Presidency to sustain power through traditional means.

The solar project, once completed, is expected to slash the State House’s N6 billion annual power bill by at least N5 billion.

While work has begun on a 1.2MW solar plant at the State House Medical Centre, no construction activity has been recorded at the main State House complex as of February 2025.

A senior official close to the project admitted that maintaining generators was unsustainable.

“We are making this switch because Mr. President approved it. Once operational, solar power should cover most of our needs from 7 AM to 7 PM, drastically reducing costs,” the official told Punch.

Nigeria’s unstable power grid, which collapsed over 10 times in 2024, has left the government and citizens struggling with high energy costs.

The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) previously demanded a N923 million debt payment from the State House, though officials disputed this figure, claiming it was N342.35 million, which President Bola Tinubu later approved for settlement.

February 24, 2025 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

EFCC Chairman Slumps At Aso Rock

by Folarin Kehinde September 17, 2021
written by Folarin Kehinde

The Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, was rushed out of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday, after he slumped…

The Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa, was rushed out of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, after slumping at a programme, on Thursday.

Read Also: NABDA Top Official Commits Suicide After EFCC Invitation

Bawa was giving his goodwill message at the National Identity Day celebration when he suddenly stopped speaking.

He was talking about a man the commission arrested in Ibadan, Oyo state, with 116 SIM cards when the incident happened.

Bawa had stopped talking and covered his face with his right palm, saying, “Please, excuse me, I can’t continue.”

He was assisted to his seat by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Pantami and other senior officials at the event, but the anti-graft officer slumped on his seat he was immediately rushed out of the seat of power.

Read Also:Oyo-Ita Lands in Hospital After Questioning By EFCC over Alleged 3bn Fraud

The Master of Ceremony (MC) later announced that the Bawa’s condition was stable.

“I am happy to announce to you that the EFCC Chairman is now stable,” he said.

But the chairman and those who rushed him out are yet to return to the hall as at time of filing this report.

September 17, 2021 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • BREAKING: DSS Sues El-Rufai for Intercepting NSA Ribadu’s Phone

    February 16, 2026
  • APC Senator Seeks 16-Year Single Tenure for Nigeria’s President

    February 16, 2026
  • Major Health Crisis Plagues Dape, Karmo Residents As Dust Pollution From AMAC Road Project Chokes Residents

    February 16, 2026
  • BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections

    February 13, 2026
  • Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in March – Perm Sec

    February 12, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact