Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Monday, February 16, 2026
Hot
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
Tension As Popular Gospel Singer, 3 crew members...
2027: Wike Establishes Radio Station For Tinubu Campaign...
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
Leading Reporters
Advertise With Us
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Hot
BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections
Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in...
Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against...
INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General...
Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air...
Senate adopts electronic, manual transmission of election results
BURSTED: NSITF CEO MOVES On ₦297Billion Fund, Operates...
Peter Obi joins #OccupyNationalAssembly protest over electronic transmission...
Tension As Popular Gospel Singer, 3 crew members...
2027: Wike Establishes Radio Station For Tinubu Campaign...
Leading Reporters
Leading Reporters
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • Business
  • Exclusives
  • Investigation
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
Copyright 2024 - All Right Reserved
Home > terrorists bombed an Abuja- Kaduna
Tag:

terrorists bombed an Abuja- Kaduna

Headlines

Bank of Agric MD Regains Freedom After Family Paid Ransom of N100m

by Leading Reporters April 7, 2022
written by Leading Reporters

The Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture, Alwan Hassan has regained his freedom, LeadingReporters can authoritatively report. His release was said to have followed a ransom of N100m paid to secure his release.

The terrorists bombed the Abuja-Kaduna bound train on Monday last week, killing many passengers and abducting many others.

The MD who was travelling to Kaduna was abducted alongside many others who are still being held captive for ten days now.

Before he was released, terrorists released a video showing the Agric Bank Managing Director standing between them.

The terrorists could be seen in military camouflage and in veiled faces to hid their identity, while fully armed.

In the video, terrorists broadcast to the Nigerian government to do the needful to ensure the release of other captives.

In the about one minute and twenty one seconds video broadcast, the terrorists told government that they don’t need money, but “government should do the needful”

“We are releasing this captive, Alwan Hassan, just because of the month of Ramadan and his plea because of his age.

We are not interested in money but the government knows what we want and if they don’t act fast to secure the release of the other abductees, we would not have any regret for our action”, one of the terrorists said in the video.

The Bank of Agric Managing Director who was directed to Bank of Agric MD Regains Freedom After Family Paid Ransom of N100m to government in the video, pleaded with the Nigerian government to accede to the need of the terrorists so that other captives can be released.

‘’There are many captives with our abductors here and out of pity, they decided to release me and due to the month of Ramadan, I am appealing to the government to save the lives of others with them,’’ Alwan Hassan said.

Though, the terrorists said they didn’t need money, a close family source involved in the negotiation confirmed that a sum of N100 million was paid as ransom.

The terrorists have since confirmed that they were responsible for the Abuja-Kaduna bound train attack on March 28.

April 7, 2022 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail
Headlines

President Buhari state among northern states declared highly unsafe by Britain

by Leading Reporters April 4, 2022
written by Leading Reporters

Katsina State, the home state of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari is among the northern states in Nigeria the United Kingdom has warned its citizens to extensively avoid, describing it as highly unsafe

Other states include Yobe, Borno, Adamawa, Zamfara, Gombe and Kaduna state where suspected terrorists bombed an Abuja- Kaduna moving passenger train on Monday.

The terror attack left in its wake over 20 persons dead, several wounded and many kidnapped by the criminals who planted explosives on the rail track and later shot at stranded passengers.
Few days before the train bombing, suspected bandits had also attacked an international airport in Kaduna.

President Muhammadu Buhari has since ordered security agencies to hunt down the terrorists.

In spite of this, the UK government said in a travel advisory on Thursday that the designated states are not safe because of the rising level of insecurity.

The directory issued by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office FCDO, warned that the states any high risk areas where criminal group are still kidnapping people and killing others.

Part of the directory reads in parts: “The FCDO advise against all travel to Borno State, Yobe State, Adamawa State, Gombe State, Kaduna State, Katsina State, and Zamfara State. Violent attacks are frequent and there is a high threat of kidnap,” the post read.

“On 26 March 2022, gunmen launched an attack against Kaduna airport, killing at least one airport official in the latest in a series of attacks by gunmen in the north of Nigeria. On the evening of 29 March 2022, an apparent Improvised Explosive Device attack took place against a train travelling from Abuja to Kaduna. Reports suggest that a number of people were killed and that others were abducted by gunmen. Train services are now suspended between Abuja and Kaduna.”

“The threat level in North-East Nigeria, including around Maiduguri is increasing, particularly around transport hubs, religious areas, and large gatherings. Kidnaps have taken place on the roads in and out of Maiduguri. As the dry season starts in October, this risk is expected to increase even further,” the advisory further said.

“If the security situation in Maiduguri were to deteriorate any further, there is a significant likelihood that it could be extremely difficult for you to leave the city. We do not advise travelling by road.”

“If you’re in the North East against FCDO advice, keep in touch with the authorities and the wider community on the security situation and make sure your procedures and contingency plans are up to date. If you are working in the North East of Nigeria you should be fully confident in your employer’s ability to extract you from the North East in the event of any emergency,” FCDO said

April 4, 2022 0 comments
0 FacebookTwitterPinterestThreadsBlueskyEmail

Recent Posts

  • BREAKING: INEC announces timetable, schedule of 2027 elections

    February 13, 2026
  • Aso Rock to disconnect from nat’l grid in March – Perm Sec

    February 12, 2026
  • Valentine’s Day: FG bans money bouquets, warns against currency abuse

    February 12, 2026
  • INEC Proposes ₦873.78 Billion Budget for 2027 General Elections

    February 12, 2026
  • Engine Failure: Passengers escape death as Arik Air makes emergency landing

    February 11, 2026

Usefull Links

  • Contact Page
  • About Leading Reporters
  • Contact Us
  • Headlines
  • Investigation
  • Exclusives
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin

@2021 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by PenciDesign


Back To Top
Leading Reporters
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • About Us
  • Contact