Suspected Terrorists Invade Military Training Camp in Nasarawa, demand to be enrolled

According to information availed LeadingReporters, a near chaotic situation erupted in the Military Training Camp Keffi, as youths numbering up to 2000, allegedly from Borno State, North East Nigeria  stormed the Army training Camp in Keffi on the ongoing 2017 Zonal training of the Nigeria Army in Nasarawa State demanding to be enrolled as recruits.

The source who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity said that around 10.am on Wednesday, some group of youths, numbering around 2,000 stormed the training camp claiming they were there on the directive of the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai to be enrolled for training.  The source further revealed that none of the youths had any form of clearance or even papers as prerequisites for enrolment.

It was at the point of trying to ask them further questions that the said youths became chaotic and started to make threat to burn down the camp if they were not enlisted for training on the spot.

“Problem started when a top army officer ordered them out of the facility.  The youths became increasingly violent and restive leading to sporadic shooting from the military men on the air to disperse them”.

“Everyone was running helter-skelter for his life as the military began to shoot on the air.  The invading youths became very violent and restive, threatening hell and storm if they were not enlisted.  The military position was that no one who has not been shortlisted for the training should be in the facility, but the youths insisted that they have orders from above to be enrolled”

LeadingReporters investigation revealed that to forestall what could turn a bloody clash between the Military and the rampaging youths, the training was abruptly disrupted as everyone ran for safety.  The already short-listed candidates who were on training before the incident have been directed through text messages to resort to other Military Camps, close to their geo-political zones.

Some of the people interviewed around the area were of the opinion that the youths should have been arrested and questioned thoroughly as no one was sure of their actual mission.

“For the military authorities to disperse the enlisted candidates to their different states and regions for further training shows that all is not well so far.  There is much fear now that the youths could in one way or the other still gain their way into the Military through their States and eventually enrolled even when their actual mission are unknown.  The youths I saw who created that situation have violent tendencies”.  A close source said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


css.php